Interest In Finding a Pediatrician?
When our children hurt, we hurt. We want to find a doctor that specializes in the unique needs of kids so that any pain or hurt our kids may be feeling is minimized. Children are not small adults. Their cardiovascular, nervous systems, etc. function at a very different level than an adult's. This is why it is crucial to find a pediatrician that specializes in how a child's body works. And, one that knows what to do when your child's body is not working the way it should. Your child will benefit from seeing a doctor who specializes in children and can follow them throughout their growth and development in so many ways. If you are looking for a pediatrician in Kokomo, IN, look no further. Dr. Dana Stewart from Meadows Medical Center is an experienced pediatrician who will make your child feel comfortable and safe while in her care.
What are some reasons that having a pediatrician is so beneficial to my child?
- Familiarity with your child's development and growth: When your child regularly sees a trusted pediatrician in Kokomo, IN such as Dr. Stewart, she can track their growth and check to ensure they are reaching appropriate developmental milestones. Also, Dr. Stewart will know what to do when milestones are not met.
- Continuity of care: As kids grow up, it is a good idea to have them regularly visit a pediatric medical practice that knows your child's specific history. This will allow them to be better equipped to address any issues that may arise.
- Treating childhood illnesses: A child may be affected by illnesses that an adult would not. Pediatricians are highly educated and specially trained in illnesses and other conditions that may only affect children. They are also well-versed in preventive care, such as the requirement of certain vaccines at different ages.
- Kid-friendly environment: Going to the doctor is generally not fun for your child and they can be quite anxious about it. Visiting our facility will be nothing like the sterile clinics that you might go to as an adult. Our office environment aims to put your child at ease. Our waiting room is equipped with books, a chalk wall, and more!
- Support for mental health issues: We are living in times that are taking a toll on the mental health of kids in a big way. When a child is struggling with depression or anxiety, maybe they'd rather not confide in their parents or caregivers. Pediatricians are trained to recognize mental health struggles and the questions to ask that may get them talking. If your kids have a person outside of their family that they trust and feel safe with, it can make a world of difference in a child's life.
If you are looking for a pediatrician in Kokomo, IN, schedule a consultation with Dr. Stewart from Meadows Medical by calling (765) 252-4575.